Employment Law (Employer)
Today’s employers are faced with more challenges than ever before. Employers must comply with federal and state employment laws that touch nearly every facet of running a business. At The Womack Law Firm, we help businesses dealing with all types of employment law issues — from wage and hour laws to workplace safety compliance.
To meet with a business lawyer, call our Houston office at 866-397-8032.
Assisting Employers For Over 26 Years
Starting a business is one thing — but when you factor in hiring, maintaining, and managing employees, it becomes clear the ongoing operations are where the true complexity lies. Attorney Mark Womack advises businesses with employment law issues:
- Wage and hour claims
- Non-compete agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Employee benefits
- Employee handbooks
- Equal Employment and Opportunity Commission (EEOC) regulations
Read Mr. Womack’s page on The Top 10 Employment Practices For Employers To Avoid.
Compliance With State And Federal Laws
The biggest legal concern facing employers involves the compliance with state and federal employment laws and regulations. Failure to comply can expose an employer to costly litigation and jury awards.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the primary areas of concern for employers are:
- Workplace safety and health
- Wages and work hours
- Equal employment opportunity
- Agricultural workers
- Foreign workers
- Veterans’ protections
- Government contracts
- Retirement and health benefits
- Whistleblower protections
If you are unsure about whether or not you are in compliance with any of these primary areas, you should contact The Womack Law Firm to discuss your questions. If you are already in violation of any of the U.S. Department of Labor’s rules and regulations, you should contact an employment lawyer at our firm for immediate assistance.
Contact Us To Learn More
To learn more about the workplace compliance, you can follow the link to the U.S. Department of Labor to access general tools developed by the Department to help prevent employment law, violations, or simply follow any of the links provided for you in the following employer compliance tool section.
Employer Compliance Tools
- elaws Advisors — Web-based, interactive systems that provide easy-to-understand, tailored information about a number of federal employment laws and safety and health standards using a question and answer format. Provides access to the FirstStep Employment Law Advisor tool that helps employers simply and quickly determine which of the major employment laws administered by DOL apply to their business or organization.
- National Call Center — Toll-free, universal access point that provides callers with general information and promptly relays detailed inquiries to the proper Department of Labor office.
- Small Business Compliance Assistance — Compliance assistance issues for small businesses and links to Department of Labor tools and initiatives designed specifically for small businesses.
- elaws Workplace Poster Advisor — Helps employers determine which workplace posters they must display. Users can also download and print posters directly from the Advisor.
- U.S. Department of Labor Contact Us By Email — Provides answers to questions sent by email. Customers choose among topics or Department of Labor agencies to ensure that their inquiry is sent to the appropriate subject matter expert.
If you want additional assistance, you may find the following pages helpful:
- Major Laws & Regulations Enforced by the Department of Labor — Access to compliance assistance on more than 20 Department of Labor laws and regulations.
- Employment Law Guide — Requirements of major Department of Labor laws and help for employers in determining which requirements apply to their businesses or workers.
- Rulemaking — Links to information about plans for rulemaking and any rulemakings currently underway at the Department.